Sunday, February 4, 2007

God's Love and Righteousness

Today I was thinking a lot about God's love for me. Have you ever thought about God's love? I mean really thought about it. Not just say, " Oh yeah, I know that God loves me." I mean, thinking about someone loving you so much, that they would give up EVERYTHING to bear your sins. I thought about it, and, knowing my parents love me so much, but to know that God loved me so much to send His only Son to die for me, is really incredible. I know a lot of the time, I take Him for granted. Just because He will forgive your sins, no matter how big or small they may be, doesn't mean we can sin and say " Well, it's ok, God loves me, and He will forgive me, I know He will." NO! That DOES NOT mean to go ahead and sin anyway. If you think that, then I'd like you to read and think about this verse:

For God so loved the world (you) that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever will believe in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life! John 3:16

That is one of my favorite verses about God's love. This is also a great verse:

For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Romans 3:23-26

Please think about these verses, and I will be praying for those of you who do not yet know Christ.

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Great post Steph! Love you lots.

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I am continually amazed at the love of God. He is so good! Thank you for the reminder. I enjoyed your post!